Saturday, May 16, 2015

Ponder Post: A Sigh

Last night Frank and I had tickets to attend one of the quarterly dinner-dances of the Hayward Dance Club where we are members. We usually sit with two other couples we know pretty well. Both of them were out of town and neither would be there last night. We were a bit blasé about going and having to make conversation with folks we were not as comfortable with. We considered being lazy and skipping it.


But the food is usually very good and we figured we would enjoy ourselves once we were there. Plus we could use the exercise and the music from a live band is fun. I was in the bathroom curling my hair in preparation to leave when I heard Frank let out a sigh next door in the adjacent bedroom. I said "Was that a sigh I just heard? We really do not have to go if you don't want to."

Frank replied, "That was just a sigh of enthusiasm." Well that was a new one on me. A sigh of enthusiasm. I laughed out loud at that and said "I have got to remember that as blog fodder for my next post!" We did go to the dance and we did enjoy ourselves.

Since I did not want to forget the phrase, however, as we were leaving I attempted to put a reminder into my cell phone. I forgot how to call up a new reminder on my iPhone so I just gave SIRI the verbal command to remind me to put in my blog "a sigh of enthusiasm." She verbally confirmed and here is what appeared in my reminder list, second item down.


Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Siri... the iPhone autocorrections are often a kick, but acai is a pretty obscure word to be guessing. I think that might actually say something about the type of crowds apple likes to attract.

    ReplyDelete