Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Music Man

On Sunday July 21st Frank and I took Alex to see The Music Man at our local Bankhead Theater in Livermore.


We had seats in the center of the very first row, a mere half wall height away from the orchestra pit. I thought this was fascinating and took photos looking down in three directions. I encouraged Alex to come over and look down also, but he violently shook his head "NO" and refused. I was bemused at this reaction. FYI, there were not 76 trombones down there. Only two.



The projection on the curtain while awaiting the start of the show was eye catching, as were ads in the program.



Alex did enjoy the show, and, as it turned out, being up close was great. He stayed engaged. I had been initially concerned we would be blasted out or get stiff necks but it was perfect. The performers were enthusiastic and the show had high energy. Not all the words to the lyric were distinct, but that did not preclude a lot of toe tapping to my favorites "Seventy-Six Trombones" and "Pick-a Little, Talk-a-Little"... cheep cheep cheep cheep.


1 comment:

  1. The big girls and I are going to see this at a local community theater (the one Viv participates in) on Friday! It will be all of our first times seeing this show.

    ReplyDelete