Monday, July 15, 2024

Ponder: Love in Haunted Places

Looking for Love in All the Haunted Places by Claire Kann ©2024 is awful. I read about one third of it hoping it would get better but it did not. I set it aside unfinished. The author's style jumped all over the place and the main characters Lucky and Maverick were ill defined and unbelievable. The setting was within a Hennessee House, an old Victorian that seemed to have a personality and will of its own, a premise which certain had potential but it went unrealized. Lucky wears sunglass because she is a parapsychologist with the ability to read people and too much mental probing can damage her eyes. Maverick is a paranormal film maker. There is supposed to be a chemistry between them which seemed pretty neutralized to me. Maverick has a precocious young daughter unimaginatively named Rebel.

Amazon rated this book 3.9 with only 40 ratings and Goodreads gave it 3.5 with 496 ratings. I'm so glad I checked it out of the library and did not waste any of my money on it. At least the cover was pretty. I liked the purple, the flowers, the Victorian house, and the concealed black cat. I rate Looking for Love in All the Haunted Places only one star.

★☆☆☆☆ Awful but I read some of it

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I guess you and Viv can't have a mini book club about this book, then. Perhaps it's better enjoyed by a YA audience? I admit, I didn't even attempt to read it.

    ReplyDelete