Thursday, March 14, 2024

Ponder: Puzzle Purse Pair

Frank and I assembled a 500 piece puzzle Tuesday night. We had just bought it at Barnes and Noble because it caught my eye, mainly due to the color combination. I tend to like peach and aqua and coral and navy.


To my surprise this morning when I looked at the butcher block table where I had placed my purse, the color similarity struck me as uncanny. I had bought this purse nearly five years ago at Disneyland on Main Street during our visit there with Grandkids mid-September 2019.


There are two interpretations of this phenomenon:
  1. I like what I like, and I know it.
  2. Good taste never changes.

1 comment:

  1. That puzzle is cute! and I think both interpretations can be true at the same time: your taste can be consistent, and even though certain color palettes go in and out of "style" with the masses, a good palette is a good palette and good palettes never truly go away.

    This reminds me of a pretty interesting TED talk I saw, about how useable objects aren't subject to copyright laws, and how fashion benefits from that: Good ideas trickle down from one manufacturer (and one medium!) to another, and we all benefit. This is the link:

    https://www.ted.com/talks/johanna_blakley_lessons_from_fashion_s_free_culture

    Maybe someone looked at that purse and said "I'm going to make puzzle artwork in that palette!" or maybe the Purse and the puzzle both drew inspiration from a previous source!

    ReplyDelete