Friday, November 24, 2017

Ponder Post: Gobble Goodbye, Ho Ho Hello

Today is Black Friday but surely I will not venture out into the stores today. Instead I started my purge of the Halloween and Thanksgiving pumpkins. I enjoyed the pumpkin quilt I made this fall but tis time for it to be put away.


Our collection of pumpkins graced the fireplace in the living room. I'd added the triple decker this year. I take pride in finding different surface materials. From left to right they are copper, knitted yarn, velvet, solid cotton, straw, triple velour, calico plaid cotton. They too are attic bound today.


My three satin pumpkin placemats that I'd placed under those rich colored pomegranates will go back into the bottom drawer of the hutch.


After this weekend I will swap out our turkey dishes for some Christmas themed ones. Any one who knows me is well aware I have a thing for dishes. The sunflowers are beginning to nod their heads that they too have served their time in service. I think we will still eek the remainder of the weekend out of them.


Frank got out our tree from the shed and I assembled it. It is still not totally fluffed from being stuffed in its box nor have I begun to decorate it, but it is a start.


Outdoors, Frank hung the large bulbs on the tree next to our driveway. Their hanging height will be limited. No ladder work for him!


Snow is not in the cards for us at Thanksgiving and has never been. There is no frost on our (non-carved) pumpkins.


Still the season is changing from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Even though it is 78° degrees outside at 5:30 pm today, we could still enjoy the changing leaf colors in our backyard at dusk.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful fall day! Looks like the house was quite elegantly and tastefully done this year, making it almost a shame to put all that stuff away! But I look forward to the Christmas photos, because I know those will be just as fun!

    ReplyDelete