Monday, April 24, 2017

Ponder Post: A Dog's Purpose - the movie

A few weekends ago Frank and I took Alex to see the movie A Dog's Purpose. He loved it!! The story is narrated by the main character, a dog who becomes repeatedly reincarnated, each time as a different breed, and who experiences a variety of owners and living situations. The owner may be brave or shy or lonely and the dog rises to fill a void in their life.

There was a lot of barking in the movie, which thoroughly pleased Alex. There is a book by this same title that was the premise for the movie. I have it requested from my local library and plan to read it. Oh, and when the DVD comes out we are definitely going to buy it – for Alex, of course. This was a fun, uplifting, heartwarming movie that showcases the faithfulness of dogs' support of their owners. I recommend you watch it when you get the chance.

3 comments:

  1. Ug...I swear that Snoopy's only purpose is to annoy the heck out of me. Maybe if I watched this movie I would rediscover the soft spot in my heart that I used to have for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good movie - I remember Garfield's nine lives as a kid, which was funnier and less heartwarming, but had the same premise. Maybe when it comes out on DVD I should try it for our kids... nah, they'd probably just decide they wanted a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You do NOT want a puppy! And if your kids do decide that they want a dog, we will happily ship Snoopy off to Oklahoma to fill that void in their lives...and in your yard.

      Delete