Thursday, October 16, 2014

Robin's Weekend Visit

Robin spent Friday Sept 26th afternoon until Tuesday September 30th morning with us  last month. We had a great mother-daughter crafty bonding weekend and I did share a bit of her time with Frank. Our busy schedule consisting of a craft festival where Robin and I both bought fabric of course, a tree sweater installation where I also received a certificate of appreciation, a quilt show where I'd entered my Grinch Quilt, bowling with Alex, and shopping at Gymboree.

Mother-daughter bonding. I share sentiments with Tony the Tiger. It's Grrrreat!

But why is this post three weeks after her visit you ask? First her birthday two days ago reminded me I had never published it. Second, since a lot of her activities were quilt related I'd already written in detail about them in my other blog DianeLoves2Quilt. Here are those links below along with a pictorial summary of a few activities and photos not included in those quilting posts.

Friday
noon – arrival at airport
afternoon – Pleasanton Craft show Oct 1, 2104 post of DianeLoves2Quilt

  • We drove directly from the airport to the craft festival. We did not pass go. We did not collect $200. Rather we spent it.


Saturday
morning – Sweater Tree installation Oct 2, 2014 post of DianeLoves2Quilt

  • We spent a pleasant morning not only sewing my sweater onto its tree but touring the other tree sweaters along First Street. For photos of other tree sweaters see this Dropbox link


Robin and I peek out from behind a tree in downtown Livermore. She has just finished helping me install the tree sweater I knitted for the fiber art display.

Frank and I pose behind the clothed tree. What a way to spend our 39th wedding anniversary!
Note the stitch holder hanging from my necklace and the crochet hook in my hand. Be prepared!


Here is my certificate of appreciation presented to me by the mayor.


Saturday
afternoon – Alden Lane quilt show Oct 3, 2014 post of DianeLoves2Quilt

  • Frank, Robin, and I strolled around the nursery looking at all the quilts hung on clothes line among the tree branches.
I'd just finished quilting this in July so I entered into the Alden Lane quilt displays.



There is my name, No. 7, on the same program as the featured artists Diana McClun and Laura Nownes.
The very first book I bought on quilting was by these two famous quilters.


Here is Frank horsing around the buxom beauties on this sign.
They are named Penny Cushion, Bernina A. Biasbottom, and Longarm Lucy.

Robin is noting that fabric and chocolate can both be habit forming.


Sunday
morning – Alex bowling

  • Frank picked up Alex and met Robin and me at the bowling alley. We bowled a few games, girls vs. guys, and had lunch there. Frank took Alex back to St. Denis while Robin and I went on to Gymboree to shop. 

Robin, Frank, and Alex are captured during a pause in the bowling action
 at Earl Anthony's Dublin Bowl.
Sunday
afternoon – Gymboree shopping

  • At Gymboree Robin and I got down to serious shopping. I had $125 in Gymbucks to spend on my two granddaughters and the outlet had a 40% off sale. Combining discounts was allowed!

These are some clothes bought for California granddaughter Vivian.

Monday
daytime – quilt class at Alden Lane Oct 4, 2014 post of DianeLoves2Quilt
evening – toy sorting in attic

  • After a full day of learning "intuitive quilting" Robin rolled up her sleeves and tackled those boxes of toys kept for decades in the attic for grandkids one day. She texted photos back and forth with brother Dan and got some choices settled. After she left we shipped two small boxes out to Oklahoma and have a few more to go. I am still unsure if we have a net reduction. We are now storing a pack 'n play, a bouncy chair, a car seat, a car seat base, and a changing table foam form that we did not have before. Oh, and we have breast milk in our freezer. It is all worth it!
Tuesday
 morning – departure

  • Robin missed Autumn and Jeremy. Jeremy was very glad to have her return after he'd been in charge of their 2-yr old for just over a week. Robin had been in Los Angeles area for her job Monday through Thursday before the weekend she visited us. Autumn had been sick and out of daycare too, so Jeremy really got a workout single-parenting it during Robin's absence. Robin felt very much wanted both places. We managed to keep her exhausted both places too!

1 comment:

  1. The clothes that you bought Vivian are just too cute! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete