Monday, October 9, 2023

Ponder: Talulah's Back in Town

Talulah's Back in Town by Brenda Novak ©2023 is a light hearted romantic novel about a woman, Talulah, who returns to her home town to arrange the funeral of her Great Aunt Phoebe and manage the decluttering and sale of Great Aunt Phoebe's home. The hitch in this tale is that Tululah had left her groom Charlie at the altar 14 years prior and had a non-stellar reputation in the small town of Coyote Canyon, Montana as a result. Charlie had never forgiven her and could not get over her. Charlie's best man at that fated wedding, Brent, initially gives Talulah a hard time but their relationship changes.


The main draw of this book for me was the author Brenda Novak. I like her writing style and her plots, although a bit predictably, are fun to follow to see just how they reach the suspected conclusion. She is a prolific author and I have read all her books in the Silver Springs series (8 books per post 7/26/21) and those in the Whiskey Creek series (10 books per post for 5/5/18)Talulah's Back in Town is the first in what I suspect will become a new Coyote Canyon series. I will happily and willingly read these romantic romps as they are published. Novak has a knack of creating a town full of characters that encourage the reader to care about and learn more about as they interact together. Amazon rates this book 4½ stars. Granted this is not great literature, being in the romance genre, but I enjoyed it and found it a relaxing read. I give Talulah's Back in Town four stars which in my rating system is 

★★★★☆ Really good; maybe only one weak aspect or limited audience

For those who turn their nose up at romances, Brenda Novak writes some engaging thrillers, also. In my post for 1/1/2020 I review three of her thrillers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment