Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Easter 2019

Frank and I had a quiet, low-key Easter, Sunday April 21, 2019 at home with Alex. Frank and I had returned the previous Wednesday evening April 17th, from a visit to North Carolina (blog post dated 5/10/19). We were too preoccupied recuperating from travel to hazard anything too ambitious for the holiday. (Note it also took me a month to get around to blogging about Easter.) The following photos are two views of the dining room table set up for Easter morning. Carrots, bunnies, canned sausages, and chips... all Alex's favorites. He also likes Hershey Kisses and M&Ms.



The set of plates with instructions on How to Dye Easter Eggs is my touch of whimsy.


The bunny mugs and rabbit plates also make me smile. The jelly beans are for Frank.


Alex watched videos and did puzzles. The meal was simply a ham slice and Mrs T's pierogis. This blog is short and sweet, too, just capturing a few images for posterity.

I include a couple pictures of the jigsaw puzzle Frank and I completed and cleared off the butcher block table the day before Easter to make space for Alex's puzzle work. I took these pictures to prove we completed this puzzle because I am NEVER EVER assembling it again. It was too dang hard to fit together to be any fun. The colors blurred into each other and appeared in multiple places.



Over my strong protestations, Frank offered this puzzle to our friends John and Marita with whom we enjoy a game afternoon/evening once a month. They too love puzzles and the picture is indeed pretty. We shall see when they start to put it together. I hope they remain our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment