Monday, February 27, 2017

Ponder Post: Word of Mouse

Delightful. Pure fun. Educational. Did you know a group of mice is called a mischief? Or that they are crepuscular? Or that mice are color-blind? Well, not completely. They see black, white, and blue.


How could I not buy a book about a blue mouse with the same name as my grandson, Isaiah? Word of Mouse ©2016 by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein was an impulse buy from the book table at Costco but I am very glad I was weak and bought it. Correction. I was not weak, I was smart and inspired. Perhaps I was even as clever as Isaiah.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tongue-in-cheek action packed book intended for a young adult audience. Isaiah faces the crises of imprisonment /escape from a research laboratory, separation from his ninety-six brothers and sisters, chases from cat and bird predators, dangers of food foray expeditions, threat of traps and the challenges of transitioning to a life in suburbia. In a fast-paced, humorous style that somehow manages to be educational as well, Isaiah sets a good example for an honorable way of life in which fostering bravery and accepting diversity are desired and encouraged. Told in first person by the very creative and resourceful Isaiah himself, this is one book you should not pass up. Read it. The chapters are short. Read it to your kids if you need an excuse. But read it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you're getting back into your reading grove! I'm sure you'll hit your book goal for 2017 with plenty of time to spare!

    ReplyDelete