Friday, September 30, 2016

Forty-One Years and Still Laughing

Frank and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary Tuesday, September 27th. It was a low key celebration but we did take note of the day and had dinner out. We had a $10 gift certificate to Strizzi's, an Italian restaurant downtown and decided to make use of it.


After enjoying a meal of lasagna and salad for me, and an entree of sausage fettuccini with a glass of wine for Frank, we ordered some minestrone soup and dessert to go to have another day. Frank took a photo of me smiling.


Then I took a photo of him grinning. I think I caught him reaching for his wallet. I wonder how many times he has done that in our 41 years of marriage, not to count the preceding couple years of courtship.


We asked the waiter to take a picture of the two of us together. No selfies for this couple. I have tried, but can never seem to get the angle right. We wind up with fun-house  mirror distorted facial images taken from a very unflattering angle. Maybe I need to invest in one of those selfie sticks. Somehow I think that is gadgetry for another generation.


They say long-married couples begin to look like each other. Could it also be their individual senses of humor morph into one? Before we left I made a pit stop at the restrooms near the rear of the restaurant. This sign on the door to outside tickled my funny bone. Frank thought it was comical, too. If it were truly an emergency, would you take your time opening the door? After 41 years together Frank and I tend to laugh at the same things - even signs by bathroom doors.


As I was surfing the web looking for some sort of image that represented two blobs of humor melding together, I came across this quote instead. I think it is a preferable finish to this post.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, and Congratulations! That's a pretty amusing exit sign. Selfie sticks are now banned in a number of locations (too many people have injured themselves doing silly things like using them on roller coasters and whatnot) so I think just asking the server to take the shot is more practical. Also that way you get to meet more people and share your story!

    ReplyDelete