Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ponder Post: Gang Attire

A few days ago I was making the rounds of several Jo-Ann's Fabric and Craft Stores in order to accumulate enough yardage of a discontinued fabric that I wanted for drapes.  One of them was located in a sketchy neighborhood so Frank came along. As we were on our way I glanced over as he was driving and noticed he was wearing his Disneyland sweatshirt. I said, "Is that really the right thing to wear into a tough neighborhood?"


Frank answered, "What you do not want to do in a tough neighborhood is inadvertently wear the colors or mascot of the rival gang. I am pretty certain that there is no Micky Mouse gang."

I conceded he had a point.  We got my fabric with no problems.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I don't think that there's any way that you two would ever be confused for being gang members! On another note, I didn't realize that Livermore had such seedy sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Livermore Jo-Ann's. This was a Jo-Ann's about 25 miles away. To gather enough fabric for the sheer tablecloth overlays at Robin's wedding we went to a Jo-Ann's as far away as 40 miles.

      Delete