Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ponder Post: Pi Day

Yesterday was π day and an irrational occurrence happened. I have three printers and they each worked at the first "request". (They often balk if "commanded".) Technology is wonderful on such a technically magical day as π day.

My black and white Brother laser printer spit out my trip itinerary flawlessly when prompted.
Brother HL-2240

My color HP ink jet printer neatly delivered my multi-paged quilt pattern pdf without a burp.
HP Photosmart 6510

My thermal technology dymo label printer streamed out my file folder labels without a hitch.
DYMO LabelWriter 330

It was positively amazing that I got none of the following interface messages.

❑ Printer is offline (not really... the lazy printer only wishes it were)
❑ Load correct paper size (it is the correct size)
❑ Printer is out of paper (which it is not)
❑ Paper jam (not really... the printer is hallucinating)
❑ Incorrect label size (no, it is the same file folder size I use 98% of the time)
❑ Paper jam (okay, I'll give you that one... it is jammed... again)
❑ Check ink levels (if I print another @#$% test page I will be out of ink)

Yesterday's π day was wonderfully blessed! It did not make sense. The odds were against me but the printer gods were thwarted. But then, the day was meant to be irrational!

Image courtesy of http://quiltinkaboodle.com/2014/01/29/pi-quilt/

No comments:

Post a Comment