Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome

I began a quilt blog in September of 2011 titled DianeLoves2Quilt and have really enjoyed making posts to it and capturing pictures of fabrics and projects I am working on.  I have made new friends in the blogging community just by sharing this quilting/knitting/sewing hobby I love. It is so much fun to read the statistics and see how many folks are interested in what I have to say quilt-wise and discover how soon after I have made a post that someone has read it. It is gratifying to watch the readership grow. However, the eyes of my non-quilting family and friends occasionally glaze over when they read the DianeLoves2Quilt blog. They are loyal to me but do not relate to my hobby. "Doesn't she do any other stuff?" they must wonder. Well, yes, I do and I decided to write another blog to cover those non-quilt topics.

Frank just retired in January of 2013. I joined him by retiring mid-June 2013. Most folks travel more when they retire and traveling is a topic worthy of a blog. Since Frank and I are homebodies though, our travels could prove to be minimal; so I felt the second blog needed to be flexible enough to include my musings on life in general as well as our ventures on planes or trains or boats or cars. Hence the title I picked is WanderOrPonder since it can be ambiguous and mean travels of body or mind. This blog will allow me to keep in touch with our friends and family in a manner other than consuming many printer ink cartridges and expending postage using the USPS mail system.

Frank took this artsy photo of mailboxes in Rockport, MA during our Boston trip, August 2013.

Initially for this blog I started to research privacy settings and account settings on Google and Blogger. My eyes glazed over. To keep this blog this separate from my quilt blog, I would need another account, another password, another ID, yadda, yadda, yadda. I decided I did not want to frustrate family and friends who are trying to read what I write and may not be techno-savy enough to jump all the password hurdles to get there. Yes, it is true that contacts I've made online within the quilting community may access and read these posts, but I am OK with this. I have learned a bit about their families too from their posts and I think it is kinda neat.

I intend to post pictures. What fun is a blog without pictures? You may see yourself in this blog one day. I will use first names only in the narrative. If you do not want your name to be mentioned, just let me know. I will dub you He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and will acquiesce to your wishes.

So read away. Sign up to receive an e-mail notification when I have published another blog post. Feel free to comment on a post. Alternatively, you can e-mail me your comment if it is not intended for sharing. Get inspired and start of blog of your own so I can read about you! But I draw the line at twittering and tweeting. I do not know or intend to learn how to do those things!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog title and I'm looking forward to your future posts! I, hope, though that you do not stop sending your annual printed holiday newsletters. Those are real keepsakes and I know that Dan and I certainly treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Those annual Christmas letters are a tradition we intend to keep! Glad you like the blog title. I am quite fond of it myself. Unless you like the title more than I do. Then you'd be Fonder of Wander or Ponder.

    ReplyDelete